Sunday, May 11, 2008

Yes, no, maybe so.

Three posts in one morning. Jeez, I must be either a) bored, b) malaised or c) a combination of the two. Yes, it's definitely c. So, I'm feeling conflicted and, consequently, I'm feeling a tad idiotic for it. Apparently I've been giving off the "Get that kid the hell out of my house" vibe to my husband without realizing it. Which sucks because, particularly on Mother's Day, I'd like to be with the creature I've mothered.

However, my husband in a rare spurt of ambition, has taken our son out. They've been gone since 8:30 a.m. Normally, I'd be fine with that. However, given that our little one is still mildly warm, plus the fact that this appears to be a response to a feeling I didn't intend or realize I was emitting, I must admit to feeling a tad nonplussed. And conflicted.

They're not out at India Palace eating lunch while I hang out at home, writing. I called once after they went to the Bread Company to see how things were progressing. Our son is cheerful - not eating a ton, but chugging liquids like no one's business - and wide awake, which is great because it's normal. So my husband said they might be home in a while. So I took a leisurely bath, got dressed, cleaned up the kitchen a bit and called again. No answer, so I made some muffins. Then I called again to hear that they were headed out for lunch. Strangely, I felt somewhat left out. Which is stupid. So my husband asked if wanted to come, too, and I waffled for a while before saying no.

I am a huge dork, both for writing this post and for getting what I apparently seemed to want but didn't and not really liking it much. Ah, well. Such is the story of my life. I always thought I was fairly straightforward. But as it happens I'm really not.

No comments: