Friday, May 16, 2008

I am ungrateful git.

I've been suffering some serious guilt lately over my reaction to Mother's Day. I feel like an ungrateful dork. Oh, well. Things are getting better - I've apologized and my husband has declared a do-over this weekend since he was so under the weather with allergies last weekend.

By the by, if you were over last weekend, Ragsy never did get sick - it was all teeth and transition from one daycare room to another. Still, when people came over last weekend, we felt obligated to let everyone know as they came in. Understandably, most parents don't want to have a sick kid around. Still, just one person who was over last weekend expressed concern over whether Ragsy would get anyone or their tot(s) sick, but if you were worried, rest assured. Or, at least, if someone did get sick it didn't come from us!

Anyway, Ragsy will be attending another sleepover at daycare tonight. I'm not 100% convinced it's a great idea to do it right now given that he's transitioning; however, my husband is. I guess we'll just deal with any fallout tomorrow. I don't think there should be any serious issue, but those are famous last words, aren't they?

I can't believe how much difference just these past couple weeks have made with Ragsy - he's speaking in full sentences about half the time, can carry on a conversation somewhat and his fine motor skills are going through yet another subtle evolution. The pretend play has commenced in earnest, with blocks being pirate's treasure and a pile of pillows the perfect place to hide the booty. The covers on his bed and ours are still both Ali Baba's cave, but Ragsy now swims in the pool with bears and other animals in his dreams, occasionally stopping in the kitchen to eat some chicken. He pretends to be a frog sometimes and says that he flies when he jumps. I can't believe how fast he's changing. He is my baby no longer, and definitely my little boy.

No comments: