Sunday, May 11, 2008

Weekend.

I thought I'd do this in a separate post from my previous because this post will be a lot of random crap that comes flowing out of my brain. We had a bunch of friends over last night - I think we wound up with about 30 people in all, including various kidlets. We had a great time. Every time I have people over, I wonder why I don't do it more often.

Sadly, our son developed an unexplained fever about an hour before people began showing up. I warned people as they arrived, but no one seemed to mind. Ragsy had a rough night last night. I'm very glad we decided to save the party for after his birthday. Since we don't entertain a lot, he was kind of overwhelmed. Not particularly upset, just a tad uneasy. So I wound up as transportation most of the evening. No biggie, though. I've got strong arms.

I just wish he had slept better. Since he had a fever and it kept breaking during the night, he'd wake up sweaty and uncomfortable. I wound up sleeping with him, which was just as well since he kept trying to take off his diaper in his sleep. Still, he woke up his usual cheerful self this morning, yelling "Boom!" as he slammed all the doors shut in the house before taking off down the hall to play. He was a little cranky and more tired than usual, but if someone kept feeling my head while I had a fever and was trying to sleep it off, I'd be ticked off and tired, too.

Oh, well. I can't explain this one, except that he's probably getting another couple of teeth. As he's gotten older, the severe illnesses during teething have lessened and have been replaced with the occasional longer-lasting toddler version of a hot flash accompanied by lots of snot. Blech.

No comments: