Monday, May 5, 2008

Don't take my vacation.

I'm taking the day off. Sort of. My mom is in town (hence the lack of blogging, which is also caused by having little to say), so I thought it'd be nice before she goes back tomorrow to have a toddler-free day where she and I could go out to lunch. Sadly, I have to call in to work for a half-hour meeting. It drives me nuts that I have to do that on my day off. I guess it happens to everyone sooner or later, but any time off I take is generally sacrosanct, including evenings whenever possible and weekends. It's hard to have that mentality in my job and get ahead. And I wonder why I haven't gotten a promotion. Huh.

The weekend was actually quite lovely. We spent most of the day outside yesterday, with me laying down some mulch and Ragsy protesting loudly because I was covering up his beloved mud. Today I think we'll be stopping by the plant nursery, going to lunch and hopefully doing some shopping, though I hate being one of those jackasses with a phone plastered to her cheek bellowing about whatever incredibly-important subject (to me) while being a jerk to my mom and any sales clerks or nearby patrons. I'll try to keep it down and keep it short, I swear. With any luck, I'll forget entirely and get to say oops tomorrow. If I remember, though, my conscience won't let me just not call in.

So, that's the bulk of my weekend. Saturday was spent primarily running the cats to the vet for a regular check up and dealing with a tired, cranky kid. Yesterday was much, much better. And made even better by the pomegranate margaritas and pina coladas we made last night. Note to self: more than one margarita makes you tipsy. Not hammered, but very, very...relaxed.

No comments: