Friday, June 12, 2015

M/I Brain

I cannot seem to get reject codes out of my head today. Probably because I help put them into a large claims adjudication system. We've been getting new legislation almost every day on one of my projects for the past two weeks, and my brain is turning to absolute and complete mush. Seriously, it's getting to the point where I'm getting a bit numb and it's hard to give a shit. Probably because I no longer have many shits to give.
 But, on the bright side, it's summer! Pools are open, days are hot and the water is starting to warm up after a pretty chilly start to the season. I can't wait until this evening. Watching third graders play baseball is pretty boring, but I get the company of adults that aren't expecting me to do stuff, my daughter gets to play on the play ground and in the dirt with her friends and my son gets to do his favorite sport with all his buddies. It's win-win-win.

Also, since I have meetings double and triple booked from 7:30 a.m. straight until I leave to pick children up and frequently get so pissed in the middle that I find myself walking around the block a few times to calm down, I'm losing weight pretty quickly. So that's not all bad. Though heaven help me if things slow down.

Assisting in this delightful de-poundage is my husband, who has adopted the Vitamix as his new baby. Did you know that a kale-beet-tomato-pineapple smoothie tastes like dirt? Sweet, sweet dirt? Yeah, I didn't know that either until this morning. I also now know that I don't like drinking dirt, but it's filling. Oh, and better than the previous day's raw broccoli-carrot-pineapple smoothie, or whatever that was. I had a sip, but my husband forced down two glasses. Probably not incidentally he had broccoli smell oozing out of his pores for at least 24 hours.

That's really all I've got - boo work, yay summer. So more or less the same thing I say everytime.

No comments: