Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Tell me lies, sweet little lies

Work is aggravating the bejeezus out of me. I've been in back to back meetings since 7 a.m. and it is now 4 p.m. I still have another couple of hours of work ahead of me, but luckily I can do it while my children sleep. In the meantime, I've been able to stand up only long enough to pee (you're welcome).

Anyway, to entertain myself when I'm not speaking or thinking I started thinking of all the nice things we say to each other when we don't always mean it.

Here are a few:

To my husband: "Your beet root, broccoli, kale and pineapple smoothie is delicious!" (Urp.)

To my son: "Those shoes make you go way faster." (You're too fast as it is.)

To my daughter: "I just don't want the roly-poly bugs in your bed because they're happier outside. They should be with their families." (OMG, bugs in the bed - bugs in the bed!!)

To my mom: "I think Meghan Trainor's song All About that Bass is adorable, too." (at least the version used in the diaper commercial is)

Anyway, that's all I've got. My brain feels like it's turning to mush inside my skull and will shortly run out my ears. Another delightful visual. And something heavy (hopefully a branch and not a dead squirrel, badger or other rodent-like animal (I like to say badger, though realize having one fall on my house is unlikely)) just fell on top of the roof. So I should probably go make sure it's all intact.

No comments: