Thursday, December 18, 2008

Never go to bed with a laptop.

I decided that I'm going to write, darn it. Whether I have the energy or not. So, I brought my laptop to bed. This isn't a problem for my husband, who is downstairs, happily researching away on his own computer, but I'm finding my blinks are growing longer and longer. Well, I only got about half a page, but it's something. At this pace, I might finish a short story by, hmmm, New Year's. Maybe, but only if it's flash fiction.

This week has been a weird one, probably since things are still a little off kilter from my being out of town all week last week. Surprisingly, there wasn't too much fallout. Plus, I got home just in the nick of time for my husband to get extremely sick, complete with fever, coughing, congestion - the works. Fortunately, my and Ragsy's immune systems seem to be somewhat stronger; we both had mild sore throats and some congestion but no fever. Of course, now that I've put that out there, we'll both be in the ER next week. I really don't want to make Ragsy getting RSV a Christmas tradition.

Last night was my team's holiday party, so we went to dinner somewhere in the wilds of O'Fallon. It was a lot of fun - I got to see the team tightass remove that stick from her butt a smidge, which was nice. Plus, my boss's sense of humor is raunchier than mine, if that's possible, so I could appreciate that. Still, driving home on 2.5 hours of sleep wasn't fun. Ragsy's been having some sleep issues; primarily that he's reverted to night waking again, wanting to sleep with us. We wouldn't care, except that he doesn't sleep well with us or wakes up at an ungodly hour and starts yacking. So, we've been refusing to interact with him at 3 a.m. other than to lay him down in his own bed, reassure him, rub his back and leave. He's not a fan of that and let us know in no uncertain terms from 1:30 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. yesterday morning. Have I mentioned he's a stubborn kid? Well, off I go to bed. This pointless post brought to you by the letter S, as in God, let me get some sleep, and the number 1, the number of days I have to get through to have the whole week of Christmas off. Yay!

No comments: