Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Here comes another year.

Are you ready?

I would have liked to spend this evening with friends or family. But, thanks to lack of planning, lack of babysitters and the fact that most of our friends also have little children who need to keep to their schedules, it's just not in the cards today. I was hoping to get a New Year's kiss from my husband, but he seems to have passed out in our son's bed. So, if I can hold out long enough, I'll treat myself to a glass of wine and a New Year's cookie, then I might prod my husband for my New Year's grunt.

I was in a similar situation last year and I seem to recall being a little put out and feeling a lot lame when I rolled over in bed, prodded my husband and whispered "Happy New Year," only to be greeted with a snort. This year I don't feel quite as lame or at all annoyed. I got in a good, hard workout after enjoying an afternoon with my son. We had a fun, relaxed dinner as a family at home, I've lost another few pounds and I get to sleep in tomorrow. As far as I'm concerned, that's as special as it gets.

Anyway, enjoy your New Year's Eve, wherever you are and whatever you're up to.

No comments: