Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I just saw the stupidest question on my favorite message board.

I'm very disappointed. To paraphrase, the question was, "When you were little, when did you realize that you were smarter than all your peers?" Uh, right...

Even better, a poster put in a single sentence what it would have taken me about a page to say. Again, to paraphrase, she said that she wasn't an idiot, but other people who she considered inept could easily make her look like and feel like one because they might be skilled in an area where she wasn't. She didn't say it quite that diplomatically, but she did say exactly what I was thinking. Hah! And I call myself a writer.

Anyway, I haven't read a question that disingenuous and arrogant in a long time.

In other news, while I had the shingles and my right eye was swollen shut, I got it into my head to cook. Preparation for said cooking required a very large knife. Fortunately, I'm up on my tetanus shot from the last time I sliced off a bit of a finger. Oh, and don't eat the chicken unless you also like the taste of thumb.

Note to self: when you don't have any depth perception, perhaps it's time to order takeout. Stupid thumb - always getting in the way of sharp objects.

No comments: