Saturday, October 23, 2010

Perhaps I need some Prozac.

I have been soooo uptight lately. I got upset again today, though not very much. Still, it bothers me when I lose my cool, mostly because it hardly used to happen, but it's been happening a lot now. These things always have multiple sources. I know what things are probably causing the problem, but I'm not quite sure what to do about it. I can talk 'til I'm blue in the face, but that usually isn't a solution because it doesn't generally accomplish anything. So I type 'til I'm blue in the fingers instead. Aren't you lucky?

Anyway, getting upset is annoying. I don't like to be that person. So I'm going to try not to be. I especially need to calm down because my birthday is coming up, as is Evelyn's first, so the house is going to be full of people coming to celebrate her special day with us. My mom, particularly will be here. I've suggested she stay in a hotel because she gets extremely tense lately because my house is so chaotic just with the two kids and me and my husband. But of course, she's insisted, "Oh, I have so much fun when I'm there!" That's news to me. What will really happen is that she'll hang out here on my couch, asking pointed questions about when I'm going to cut out the breastfeeding already ("I mean, really, Andi, she just doesn't need it anymore. You were on skim milk at six months. And you were just fine. Besides, it's really...de classe.") and getting more and more upset about the noise and activity until she throws up her hands, declares, "I just can't do this anymore!" then, sobbing, flees for the guest room downstairs.

Oh, well. Guess it's time to stock up on tissues. I'm not sure who needs the Prozac more - me or my mom.

No comments: