Monday, August 17, 2009

Lightening?

So I'm getting into the third trimester of pregnancy. The baby is already starting to drop - I tend to carry low apparently, and Ragsy was about at the same position this one is around the same time. I was refreshing my memory on the various stages of development and pregnancy and realized once more that eventually (prior to labor), I'll start "lightening." Why this stage is somehow associated with anything other than "heavying" is anyone's guess.

Anyway, the weekend went pretty well. We kept things really low key, big emphasis on sleep and our undivided attention, and Ragsy's tic was gone by Sunday. It came back a little today because he was tired - he got very excited about going back to pre-school last night and wouldn't sleep until late. Hopefully he'll get into the swing of things soon. If he doesn't, we'll just have to figure something out, whether that entails a different room or reduced working hours and more time with us.

Work is...well, my boss had earlier called me in to make sure I was doing ok with the "grueling" pace. If the pace at work is grueling, I can't imagine how deadly boring a slow period would be. You'd think with all the political machinations going on, we'd be a little more strategic and, well, proactive. But my boss is a staunch conservative and he unabashedly allows his politics to pour into his work. He actually tried to convince me to use the term "death panel" in a press release. Didn't happen.

After this kid is born, I'd like to wrap things up and start my exit strategy. I'm receiving little to no mental stimulation. And while I don't expect people to always agree with me, I don't like having to police my boss to make sure our company isn't perceived as partisan and offensive.

No comments: