Friday, August 28, 2009

Beach!

We just got back from a too-short but long-awaited vacation to Hilton Head Island, where we met my sister and brother-in-law. It was fantastic. We had hoped to take Ragsy somewhere before the baby came so we could spend some time together as a family and enjoy ourselves before I got too lethargic to do much, and since Ragsy had never had a chance to play in the ocean and we wanted to see my sister and brother-in-law, we settled on someplace closer to them and got a condo for a few days.

We went to the beach every day for several hours, rented some bikes and rode all over the island and played tennis until we all wanted to drop. Then we ate tons of junk food to make up for it, then went on walks afterward to work it off again. I think I can safely say that I got around 2-3 hours of exercise a day. Which worked out well since I had a doctor's appointment the day after.

Fortunately, I was able to get over any modesty I might have had, despite being nearly six and a half months pregnant. Though I do find myself wondering - why on earth are all maternity suits in two pieces these days?

Anyway, here are some photos.















My son and his dad looking at a "pirate ship" at Seven Pines Harbor Town.















Me and Ragsy in front of a statue of Neptune at the Disney resort (if you've never been, Hilton Head is an island made up almost entirely of resorts, so we visited several, but stayed at Palmetto Dunes).
















Ragsy toward the end of a long day running up and down the beach.

You'll notice that there are no actual photos in this blog to prove that I wore a swimsuit, so you'll have to take my word for it (I do have evidence, though).

1 comment:

Sarahlynn said...

"why on earth are all maternity suits in two pieces these days?"

Because pregnant women have to use the bathroom so often and it's a pain in a one-piece!

Glad you had a great trip. :)