Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I got played.

Foiled again by an almost-three-year old. Why, yes, we're still having sleep issues. Why did you ask? Strangely, these "issues" have grown exponentially with the sass coming out of our son's mouth. I never in my life imagined that someone who doesn't even come up to my waist would snarl, "Mommy! Lay down now! And rub my back!" Yeah, right. Because speaking to me that way works oh so well. I mean, I'm pretty laid back as far as parenting goes, but regardless of his age, he shouldn't speak to people like that. So, after being snarled at one too many times over the last couple of days, this evening included, I was forced to pull a Super Nanny at bedtime. Two hours later and I'm still periodically getting up and putting him back in bed. But I haven't been snarled at in over an hour, unlike last night when he was dishing it out until he passed out around 9:40.

Oh, well. There's only silence coming from his room now. I guess I should go check on him to make sure he's where he's supposed to be. Sometimes being a parent sucks. First, you don't know what you're doing. Second, when you do something, you don't know how much damage, if any, you're causing. Third, doing what you know needs to be done no matter how much you wish you were wearing ear plugs, regardless of the rut you wear in the carpet traveling back and forth to put a reluctant toddler to bed and how much time it takes to finally calmly but firmly get something through to someone who really couldn't give a crap absolutely stinks. Still, sass me once, shame on you. Sass me twice... Well, you know the rest.

No comments: