Wednesday, February 11, 2009

There's a bit of chicken in all of us.

Putting my son to bed has always been difficult. Earlier, the kid was just too upset about having to go to sleep to be able to sleep. Lately, he's entertained himself far too much. This evening, I couldn't get him to stop acting like a chicken. Where on earth does this kid get this stuff? He'd stand up, flap his arms, yell "bock, bock!" and start doing a chicken dance in bed. Then I'd tell him to lay back down (this is during pre-sleep snuggle time), only to have him stand up and do it again. This went on a few times where I wasn't sure whether to burst out laughing because he was acting like a chicken or if I should be annoyed because he was clearly not listening to me. Or at least wasn't for long.

So, I left eventually - there's really no point snuggling with a chicken - only to hear him merrily belting out the words to "Oh, Suzannah" and "She'll Be Comin' Round the Moutain." After he wound down and quietly told the animals on top of him (all six of them) that they should change their shoes because food comes out their feet after they eat (as poop? I haven't figured that out yet), he finally passed out. Did I fail to mention that my son has a raccoon named Crack? So during Christmas, we were carrying around a big bag of Crack.

What a character. How did I ever live without this kid?

No comments: