Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Wow, are you kidding?

I saw an article today on CNN that made me understand one of the phrases I see so frequently: "It's not news, it's CNN!" It was about Starbucks and what people would do without it. Apparently more are closing because of poor revenues, presumably because people are - gasp - brewing their own coffee. Dear Lord, is the apocalypse nigh??

I was aware that Starbucks has become an American institution, but wasn't aware that the world as we know it would end were some people to stop going there thanks to tightened budgets. Then again, what do I know?

Nothing much has been happening since my last post. Life has been going on, Ragsy's becoming increasingly defiant and more complex and has learned how to express a few basic emotions. "Mommy, I mad at you." Unfortunately, he hasn't totally grasped the concept of assessing why he's feeling what he's feeling - cause and effect is probably much more difficult when it's not something you can touch - so when I ask why ("Why are you mad? You're mad because..."), he repeats "Screaming and yelling" because it's what he usually gets in trouble for. I should be careful what I wish for since once he's able to tell me why he's mad, there's bound to be a list of my sins about a mile long. Hopefully he's not storing them up so he can share them with me later.

Anyway, that's it. We'll be going to my mom's house for the July 4th weekend. I'm looking forward to it. Ragsy loves to visit new places and I'm looking forward to seeing my aunt and uncle. Too bad my sister couldn't be there, too.

No comments: