Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Because I suck, that's why

My worst fears are realized. I didn't get a call from the school, but when I picked my son up last night, he was unusually lethargic and almost fell asleep in the car on the way to get his sister. So we got home and I took his temperature. 101.5. Meh, not too bad, but bad enough he's staying home, right?

So he woke up this morning and his skin was stinging hot. So I took his temperature. 101.5. Huh. That's not the end of the world. Two hours later, his temperature is almost 104. Well, shiiiat. So we went to the doctor and he happens to have a pretty nasty virus characterized by high fever, coughing, loads of snot, blisters on the roof of his mouth, lethargy and dizziness (from the fever). Oh, and a terrible parent who is in denial.

I wish I'd clapped my ears over his hands when the doctor recommended drinking and eating juice, popsicles and ice cream. Sadly I was too far away. Oh, well. Can't have everything. But you can have ice cream.

No comments: