Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Note to self: don't watch daytime TV

I'm working from home today. My work rarely allows for any time away from my desk for lunch, which is probably why I tend to lose weight during the week and gain it right the heck back during the weekend. So when I work from home and have time to do so, sometimes I go wild and crazy and do it out of sight of my work laptop. Do you have any idea how hard it is to eat on a treadmill? What? I'm a multi-tasker.

Anyway, today I made a mistake. I ate while pacing in front of the TV. And I just lost brain cells by watching Breaking Amish. A bunch of teenagers and 20-somethings with the exact same problems most people in that age group have, only they're Amish! Why yes, I'm oversimplifying. I realize that these individuals have probably dealt with a hell of a lot more than I did in my teens and twenties (I only had to deal with crazed boyfriends and scarlet letters - ah, memories). But still. It took maybe 10 minutes of dedicated attempts to watch and finally I wandered off to read legislation. It was that bad.

If I could, I'd be watching Sherlock. Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are wonderful actors. I appreciate compelling, over-dramatic, snotty and sarcastic as much as the next gal. But watching that during the day isn't consistent with government healthcare, rebates and arguing about whether non-interference provisions actually mean, you know, not interfering.

Alas, maybe I need to resurrect my alter-ego the smut peddler (award-winning and card-carrying, no less).
I've tried a few times, but Medicare just isn't smutty. I'll have to try harder. I'll bet I could make this rule very exciting. Much more exciting than daytime TV.

No comments: