Thursday, July 16, 2015

Adventures in product management

I think I need a mental health day. And I'm not saying that facetiously. Today I have had:

1. Two people call me to reassure me they're not dead (happens with distressing frequency)

2. Three different people yell at me for mistakes they made (assertiveness training?)

3. One person call me in tears because she got overwhelmed (I kind of want to tear my hair out, too)

4. Notification that we're reorganizing again (are you serious? individuals in my department have had job stability for an average of 4 weeks at a time - the contractors who do not work here full time have more stability than we do)

5. I also have 25 meetings scheduled for today and 8 hours in which to attend them; looking at my schedule, finding time to pee will be a challenge, much less eat anything or do actual work.

6. I've also had someone notify me that they accidentally approved code that was the direct opposite of what I requested.

I want to injure someone. First world problems, though - first world problems. I still hate everything.

No comments: